Thursday, September 9, 2010

My writing experience

I finally found a professor who grades like a teacher should grade. I am ecstatic. My polysci professor graded based on the quality of writing, not what position or stance I took. It was wonderful to receive a paper back with no personal comments. He simply put details of the writing, not my opinion. "Clear, direct statement of your stance. Good use of supporting material." That was all he wrote, short and simple. I didn't have to spend time reading extensive comments about what the professor thought I did wrong and how he does not see the way I do. This type of paper and professor made writing enjoyable. I didn't have to worry about censoring myself or predicting what exactly the professor would want to hear. I am delighted that I have 4 more of these mini papers to do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment