Monday, September 27, 2010

Class So Far...


As I am looking over my citizenship grade, I feel fairly confident. This will be my 10th blog post (I know, I love to blog). I think that blogging helps me to get my ideas out there. I am so busy and often forgetful, so I love to be able to get my thoughts down and available for the class immediately without needing to remember or have to write them down, in hopes that I will be able to bring them up in the following class. I am a pretty deep thinker, so sometimes talking in class doesn't always bring out my best ideas. I always hate sitting in class with people who talk purely to talk and get participation credit. While I don't say tons each class, I at least try to add a thing or two that I think is valuable. I want to be sure that my comments and ideas will actually mean something to the class. I also like commenting on classmate's blogs. Reading their ideas inspires me to think about something in a different light. When something strikes me as interesting or insightful, I love letting the person know that.

2 comments:

  1. I like your point about being a deep thinking and contributing what is a couple valuable thoughts rather than rambling. It's an important skill to be able to collect your thoughts and formulate an idea and present it to the class. It can be hard sometimes not to think your idea out loud.

    I also love the pictures that you add to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how clear you are in you blog posts and in this post, you clearly state that you process your thoughts and opinions better through blogging. I've always been the kind of person who doesn't understand something until I see it written in words, even if is copying notes word for word out of a text book. I think being at a small school like Richmond is great with the small classes and all, but its rare to see a relatively "quiet" person make a clear stance so I think it's great that you did.

    ReplyDelete