Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Digital Media

When reading, Youth Culture and Digital Media, I think it is wonderful to think "outside the box" when it comes to forms of expression. While writing is one of my favorite things to do and a great way to express yourself, so are other forms of art such as pictures, music, artwork, etc. I really like how the digital story combines all of these elements. The digital story is a great way to tie in how writing with other things that come to mind when writing.
Writing is supposed to paint a picture, well vivid writing that is. The digital stories helps to incorporate that specific song that comes to mind when discussing something or the particular image that reminds you of the person or object. I think the digital story can be compared to the what goes through the brain when given a particular topic to think about because you can combine things that may not be directly related to other people and relate them through a way that makes sense to you.
I am interviewing my professor for my digital story today and will be interested to see what I will be able to accomplish with his story of his writing.

1 comment:

  1. Kaitlin, I agree. I think the digital story project is a great way to combine several different forms of expression. I'm interested to hear how your interview went, and what sort of questions you asked your professor.

    ReplyDelete