Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pre-Boys and Girls club thoughts

I am thinking about the boys and girls club tomorrow and I am starting to get really excited. I used to tutor at Overby-Sheppard Elementary School and it was always such a great experience. I mean yes, was it a little uncomfortable being in such a sketchy area, but once I was in there working with the children, it was fun. I expect to get sort of a similar experience tomorrow as I did at Overby-Sheppard. I am excited to work with children that are a little older than second grade too. It is easier to connect with older children I have noticed from my experience babysitting, for older children start to have and develop similar interests that you also have such as music and movies and computer/internet.
While I am no pro at these digital stories, I think that it will be fun helping someone else, now that I have experienced it myself. I am interested in seeing what type of materials the students have gathered that we can work with.
I will blog my thoughts after working with my student tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Kaitlin,
    Any thoughts about how you might help them think about how to find and tell a story well?

    ReplyDelete