Thursday, October 21, 2010

Digital Story

This past week, I really enjoyed watching these digital stories. It is pretty obvious that each of us put it a great amount of time and really took this assignment seriously. Each person got great information from professors that was useful to the assignment, yet each of the information and stories were unique and different.

I also really liked the use of different movie settings that people used with imovie. I kind of wish now that I had used that program so that I could have made my story as aesthetically pleasing as those.

I wanted to share some struggles that I had when creating this project in case others had the same issues as well. Hopefully we can all figure out why these "oops" happened in our projects so that we can best help those at the Boys and Girls club.

I had a difficult time recording mine, so that it was fluid. At the end of my story, there are two words that are extremely static-y. I cannot quite figure out why. I recorded the story on my laptop using the microphone that is on it, but the same thing continuously happened every time I tried to record this part of the story. I do not know if it has something to do with the pronunciation of my words and maybe that I happened to blow or spit into the microphone, but it was really frustrating. I spent hours re-recording to make my voice sound fluid, yet with personality, however, this "oops" made it even more difficult.

I also had trouble with effects. I am not very technological savvy, so it was different for me to present the pictures and information in different ways throughout. I wish my effects could have been stronger, for I feel that they can really impact a project.

No comments:

Post a Comment